Strategic at heart, the New York-based creative firm MERRY+ is a process-based and aesthetically-led company formed by an innovative group of individuals. MERRY+ loves to work with organizations that have a clear purpose and a real soul. The firm is always striving to find the right tools, strategies, and design concepts to deliver our client’s mission to the world.
To convey this message, MERRY+ develops solutions for both the strategic phases and verbal components of branding and marketing communications programs, as well as visually-driven materials by employing elevated brand strategies, design and identity systems, art direction and digital platforms.
MERRY+ was founded in 2014 by the brand consultant and photographer Bea Merry. Previously, in 2007 she co-founded communications company MERRY+VALENZUELA. Originally from Madrid, Spain, Bea Merry holds a degree in Law and a Masters degree in Financial Markets. A Fulbright-like scholarship brought her to NYC in 2004, where she went back to school and graduated both from ICP (International Center of Photography) and the School of Visuals Arts (Branding Program).
To view her Photography Portfolio, click here:
We tackle problems that traditional design studios can’t. Whether it’s creating the most robust brand strategy plan and top website design in the travel company business (F1S), conceptualizing and designing 3 brands in a year for the famous chef and entrepreneur José Andres (Beefsteak, China Chilcano, La Pepa), introducing the first visual language for a museum founded in 1904 (The Hispanic Society of America), a never-before-seen store concept (Pikolinos), or proposing and producing a book from scratch for a company that had never previously considered making books (Google), we’ve done it all (or almost).
And, we can proudly say, we’ve done so with great success.
We’re capable and agile, highly experienced and creative professionals; clients are always happy with the outcome and consistently say they get quick turnaround without exorbitant agency fees.
Our expertise and a shared drive for success is what motivates us, rather than fixed processes in massive departments.
We are well versed in managing a daunting mix of creative and innovative elements to quickly arrive at excellent, quality solutions.
- We believe solutions should be approached holistically, but executed detail by detail.
- We believe relationships are built from a myriad of small gestures.
- We believe that the convergence of strategy, design and passionate individuals can create beautiful work.
- We believe honesty, transparency and a bit of humor make for great business partnerships.
- We believe in the diversity of people, ideas and places.
- We believe in tangible experiences that reach beyond the digital world.
- We believe the world should be made better, more beautiful and brighter by everything we do.
- We believe design has the power to change perceptions, transform businesses and make real impact.
- 2015 AMERICAN GRAPHIC DESIGN AWARD (GDUSA), Winner for BRANDING.
- 2012 RESTAURANT DESIGN AWARD (LONDON), Finalist for IDENTITY DESIGN.
- Brand Strategy
- Naming, Verbal Identity & Messaging
- Creative & Art Direction
- Design of Identities, Brand Books & Collateral
- Website Design and Implementation
- Digital Marketing & Social Media
- Photography & Corporate Film Production
- Pop-Up Store Design & Events